2015 is my year of nourishment. Through necessity (I’ve been healing myself from chronic fatigue syndrome) I’ve had to learn how to rest, relax and rejuvenate. My ‘default mode’ in life has been to do everything at high speed. This has changed a lot over the years as I’ve practiced yoga and meditation regularly and this has helped me slow down, stop and smell the roses! So, this year my focus is to continue this way of life.
As I share with others how I’ve been feeling, I realise this is a malady of modern day life and affects so many people. Especially those who go fast like me! So, I feel to share with you some ways I’ve discovered have helped me and here are a few ideas you might like to try to bring more peace into your life and receive the nourishment you deserve!
- Slow everything down to half pace
- Meditate for 20mins every day
- Walk in nature or by the sea … in appreciative silence
- Have a delicious meal every day
- Close your eyes for 10 mins and breath deeply
- Take a half hour siesta in the afternoon
- Listen to some beautiful music
- Lay down in the grass in the sunshine
- Walk slowly and feel nature and the air all around you
- Gaze at the horizon and breath deeply
- Watch the trees drift and dance in the breeze
- Play a musical instrument and sing
- Help someone
- Speak softly
- Tell a friend or family member you love them
There are so many more ways and I’m sure you can find new ones.
I’m off now to have a siesta!
Namaste x Jo